Friday, January 10, 2014

RHYME AND REASON

RHYME AND REASON

     I am on my way home from Paris with a heart-anxious plan to visit my daughter in Boston, who is expecting her first child.  The flight is cancelled and I am whisked away home.  Tears of hopes dashed fill my eyes, as she reminds me, once again, “There’s always a reason.”  ***  We are packing up to leave our beautiful life in Utah.  Tears again bring words from a caring daughter.  Kimberley tells me to write Dr. Seuss’s words on a piece of paper and hang them on the refrigerator, “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”  ***  As life moves forward, through the years of raising ten children and beyond, I can feel the reasons and hear the rhythms of life singing to me - and they tell me that, indeed, there is reason and rhyme to it all.  *** 





I am devoting this blog to “Voice.”  Each of us has a story.  Original thought springs from our minds and our learning is yearning to be shared.  Our ability to connect our minds to our voice is a gift from God and our willingness to open our hearts to share it with the world we love, is our gift back to God and to one another.

…and so I share my voice in rhyme and reason…




1 comment:

  1. I love this! We should all celebrate what makes us unique and what we have to offer the world.

    ReplyDelete